Content box, margin and mixed mode?

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Mangan
E-book readers owned: Sony Xperia Arc
Number of books owned: 1000

Content box, margin and mixed mode?

Post by Mangan »

I have been fiddling with content box, margins and mixed mode, but I'm not sure I have chosen the best solution. The book contains pages like the ones below (most of the pages contains graphics like this). I'm thinking of using colour/greyscale mode, that should be best, right?

But what about content box and margins? It feels like I'm missing the point with these options. Any hints?
Attachments
out88.jpg
out86.jpg
Anonymous2

Re: Content box, margin and mixed mode?

Post by Anonymous2 »

I just wrap everything that is content inside of the content box (manually) and turn on mixed mode. If ST cannot recognize the pictures correctly, I go to Picture Zones and draw in the boxes by hand.
Mangan
E-book readers owned: Sony Xperia Arc
Number of books owned: 1000

Post by Mangan »

OK, thanks. When you say that I should select conten, do you also inlcude all the pictures in the content box? And also the "marker" in the margin? Also, what is the purpose of the picture box?
Anonymous2

Post by Anonymous2 »

Anything that isn't in a picture box will be converted to black and white. Content boxes define where the content is, as you want equal page sizes in the end (unequal content box sizes make your pages all funky when outputting to TIF files because ST makes all the images the same size by adding margins around the content box).