Hello and please don't delete my account

A place to introduce yourself, and to meet other awesome people.

Moderator: peterZ

evilgnome
Number of books owned: 0

Hello and please don't delete my account

Post by evilgnome »

Hello

I had a problem regarding book scanning so registered here, but in the time I was waiting for my account to get activated, I found a solution to the problem (well, my friend did to be honest..)
So I don't have anything to ask here anymore yet. But this forum is so rich and very useful and I'm happy I'm a member.
So if my account is idle, please do not delete it, because I will return later for sure.

Oh and a little bragging, recently digitalized a dozen thick books with the best quality and to the deepest level, using ghetto equipment. and saved myself from about 6 months of hard manual work.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Hello and please don't delete my account

Post by daniel_reetz »

Good to have you, evilgnome! Can you please share what your problem was, and what the solution was? That would be something we can all benefit from!
evilgnome
Number of books owned: 0

Post by evilgnome »

I have thousands of A4 paper sheets, full of random "4 optioned" test questions.
After scanning them using a camera and processing them into nice and neat png files; I needed to extract every single "4-optioned test question" from the pages and save it into a seperate image file. each page contained between 10 to 15 test questions on average.
Obviously doing it by hand would make me age a lot sooner :mrgreen:
So I asked my friend and he wrote a c++ program for me that automated the process (detects each test question, and saves it automatically).
I am an student preparing for a very important examination, and this little app he wrote saved a lot of time for me.
the.traveller
E-book readers owned: Samsung Tab S
Number of books owned: 800

Post by the.traveller »

Ask your friend if he is willing to share the code here on the forum.
Maybe others can also use the oe if they have a similar problem.