DIY Book Scanner Kits Now Available!

A place to buy and sell. Want someone to build a scanner for you? Ask here.

Moderator: peterZ

bealpeh
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: DIY Book Scanner Kits Now Available!

Post by bealpeh »

Hi would like to buy scanner! Any eta on restock? Thx!
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Just a glitch on my part, they are available now. Check the link below.
Krogenar
E-book readers owned: Nook Color
Number of books owned: 400

Post by Krogenar »

Same problem here. Would like to purchase a kit, but website claims they are sold out. :(
foolosophy
E-book readers owned: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-600

Post by foolosophy »

I'm not sure how to use the design files. I want to do one myself.

The README says: "These files are meant to be cut on 9x48" sheets of 3/4" (18mm) baltic birch plywood."

But then, I have these files:
  • an Autocad file (DXF) and an EPS file that contain the same single sheet. By the way, which size is this?
  • two PNG files which are in low-res and show two different sheets
Which of these should I send to the CNC router? How many sheets? What size? 9X48'' == 22.86cmX121.90cm but the EPS has sheet size of 1699X1220mm.

If you could clarify this, I'd be most welcome.
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

Krogenar wrote:Same problem here. Would like to purchase a kit, but website claims they are sold out. :(
Please don't worry, I have more coming soon. If you take a little longer look at the store, it says new stock in Oct 22nd. It might end up being around Halloween due to some supply issues I am having.

October is by far the busiest month of the year for me - I'm working and traveling constantly right now. Yesterday I worked from 6AM until 2AM. So it's been tough to really keep on top of orders and things, but that's only a temporary problem. I'm sorry for not communicating better, but it's tough as some of the places I'm traveling don't have any mobile signal.

Regardless, expect more kits soon. And the design files posted here and the videos, shopping list, manual, and additional files posted here are fairly complete, if a bit tough to understand.

Foolosophy, you are looking at two different layouts of the same parts. Rob was using a scanner that could only accommodate a 48x48" piece of plywood. I set up the parts for a 48x96" sheet of plywood. The parts and depths are the same but they are arranged differently. Your CNC shop can arrange the parts however they want.

People, in general if you have questions about availability, please contact me via email or PM.
Mao
Number of books owned: 200

Post by Mao »

Dear Daniel,
I have noticed the release of new items of your DIY Book Scanner Kit. I'm really interested in ordering one. Is it possible to arrange to have it shipped to Spain? Otherwise, we could try to look for some other solution.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Best,
Miguel
spomwii

Post by spomwii »

Mao wrote:Dear Daniel,
I have noticed the release of new items of your DIY Book Scanner Kit. I'm really interested in ordering one. Is it possible to arrange to have it shipped to Spain? Otherwise, we could try to look for some other solution.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Best,
Miguel
Take a look at http://diybookscanner.eu/
http://diybookscanner.org/forum/viewtop ... =14&t=2683
TimR
Number of books owned: 0

Post by TimR »

Hi Daniel,
I am looking to purchase one kit. Is there a way we can subscribe somewhere that when the new kits are available, we are notified.
Or can you email us when the new kits are available.
Thanks, Tim
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

Hey all,
Yeah, so I put ten new kits in stock on the 22nd and they sold out almost instantly. I have another batch of 15 on the way, due November 5th. I'll post a notification here when they are complete. Very sorry about the delay.

Daniel
ryanb
Number of books owned: 0

Post by ryanb »

Hi guys,

I found a local shop who has cnc router and i showed him the files, but he said he needs them in .cnc he is using genesis evolution software it has an option to import .dxf and we tried that nothing happened, it shows the figures but nothing operational.

Any idea what i can do to get this going?

Thanks