SDM:Can S_FAST be enabled & ALT feature disabled at startup?

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

sa30gr

SDM:Can S_FAST be enabled & ALT feature disabled at startup?

Post by sa30gr »

Hello!

As this is my first post i would like to say hi to everybody, congrats for the very good job both to the admins and all the people making all kinds of book scanners!!

Took a lot of your ideas, builded my first scanner to scan over 300 volumes of 100-150 year old documents. (i ll post pics when project is up and running)

As this week i am starting the "official tests", i can not find a way to start up through scripting my cameras (a590) to S_FAST mode. They start at STEREO mode, i change it (by setting 'focus_mode' in Bracketing menu to any value other than OFF.) but when i turn off the cameras and cut off power, they start up with STEREO mode enabled as the default. Does anybody have a solution to put in my startup.bas?

Also, is there a way to start up the cameras with the ALT mode disabled? the cameras startup at "time lapse" mode (i dont know why), but i need them to be ready for shooting, not running scripts when pressing the trigger!!

Thanks !!
sa30gr

Re: SDM:Can S_FAST be enabled & ALT feature disabled at star

Post by sa30gr »

Also, is there a way to start up the cameras with the ALT mode disabled? the cameras startup at "time lapse" mode (i dont know why), but i need them to be ready for shooting, not running scripts when pressing the trigger!!
Ok., the cameras started at time lapse mode as this was the first available script in the script directory of the card. When i deleted all the scripts and left only the startup script, the camera is running this script when opened and is will run it if i press the trigger again. At the end of the day, is not a big problem, i just press the "alt" to disable it.

But the starting up in S_fast mode gives me a headache. i cant figure it out! each time i power up the cameras, i manually change the stereo mode to s_fast.

Any ideas?
sa30gr

Post by sa30gr »

still havent found a solution for this.. anybody?
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

I have good contact with the SDM author David Sykes throughhis Yahoo Group. Have you tried asking there?