Scan Tailor "Experimental"

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Scan Tailor "Experimental"

Post by Tulon »

d14b0ll0s wrote:Any news on the OS X port maybe?
We need an actual developer running OS X to debug the image loading issue that was previously reported in this thread.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
d14b0ll0s
Number of books owned: 3000

Post by d14b0ll0s »

Tulon wrote:
d14b0ll0s wrote:Any news on the OS X port maybe?
We need an actual developer running OS X to debug the image loading issue that was previously reported in this thread.
In this case, let's advertise we are looking for one! :geek:
tuf
E-book readers owned: Kindle Touch
Number of books owned: 100

Post by tuf »

If you set "Match size by growing margins" on all images, and after that you set "Match size by scaling" to the widest image, sometimes ST freezes and kinda crashes.

P.S.
Somebody translated the GUI from english to romanian. Interested?
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

tuf wrote:If you set "Match size by growing margins" on all images, and after that you set "Match size by scaling" to the widest image, sometimes ST freezes and kinda crashes.
I'll see if I can reproduce that.
tuf wrote:P.S.
Somebody translated the GUI from english to romanian. Interested?
There is currently no Romanian translation, though it would be nice to have one. If you are up to it, follow the instructions in this thread. The only difference in your case is to copy scantailor_untranslated.ts to scantailor_ro.ts and then work on that.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
tuf

Post by tuf »

Here is the romanian translation:
https://www.mediafire.com/?kat997mga2w8r4t
A friend made it. You just put it in the translation folder and set the regional setings of the PC to Romania.

I installed Windows yesterday, i downloaded a fresh copy of ST EXP. and tried it on the same batch of images, the problem is gone now.
Perhaps me and my friends used an older version. The problem apeared on 3 different PC's (32 & 64 bits).
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

tuf wrote:Here is the romanian translation:
https://www.mediafire.com/?kat997mga2w8r4t
A friend made it. You just put it in the translation folder and set the regional setings of the PC to Romania.
Got it.
Does your friend want to be mentioned in the About dialog?
tuf wrote: I installed Windows yesterday, i downloaded a fresh copy of ST EXP. and tried it on the same batch of images, the problem is gone now.
Perhaps me and my friends used an older version. The problem apeared on 3 different PC's (32 & 64 bits).
I couldn't reproduce it either, though I haven't touched anything related to margins in a while. If you do see this issue again and are able to reproduce it, the best way would be to make a screen recording with software like BB FlashBack Express. Be sure to walk through all of the processing stages on the video, so that I can see the settings you are using.
tuf

Post by tuf »

Does ScanTailor Experimental requires aditional software, like .NET Framework?
I was using Windows 10 64 bits when the problem appeared.

I'll be back with details from my friends. They still have problems.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

tuf wrote:Does ScanTailor Experimental requires aditional software, like .NET Framework?
No, it's fully self-contained.
tuf

Post by tuf »

Here are the recordings of the problem:

.fbr (flashback movie)
https://www.mediafire.com/?02skxymd1lrd7t3

or

.avi
https://www.mediafire.com/?8h3gjib0lhyec1t

The romanian translator said that you have all the details that you want in the .ts file at Romanian translator comments.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

tuf wrote:Here are the recordings of the problem:
That helped me to reproduce the bug. It's fixed now.
tuf wrote:The romanian translator said that you have all the details that you want in the .ts file at Romanian translator comments.
Indeed. I've found that comment and added a line to the About dialog.

Here is the new release containing both the fix for the crash you reported and the Romanian translation:
https://github.com/Tulon/scantailor/rel ... 2015_10_27

There were some other changes since the last release as well, most notably stability improvements in OpenCL dewarping code.