Problem with apply manual dewarp correction on all pages

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

bartek158
Number of books owned: 0

Problem with apply manual dewarp correction on all pages

Post by bartek158 »

Hello
Auto dewarp process fail on many pages that is why I use manual mode. But I can't apply my correction to all the others page.
A make correction on first page , click on CHANGE button ( DEWARPING) set manual and all pages , next click on OK and then click PLAY button. The correction is only on first page.
I try another sequence : click on Change Button ,set manual / all pages , click OK , and then make manual correction , next click on PLAY and the result is the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsb57da4fZY
How to apply dewarp manual correction for all pages ?
Tulon

Re: Problem with apply manual dewarp correction on all pages

Post by Tulon »

Applying (that is copying) the dewarping grid from one page to others is not implemented, as that would only work in a very controlled environment, where all the pages are perfectly aligned with respect to each other. Even with DIY bookscanner type of setup, you would still have variations in page margins depending on where in the book that page is.

You may wish to try Scan Tailor experimental, where dewarping works better. It even has a dedicated keystoning mode. It still doesn't support copying dewarping grids across pages though. There is also no project file portability between Scan Tailor experimental and the classic one.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
bartek158

Post by bartek158 »

I just install ScanTailor Experimental , but I don't see dewarp option.
Attachments
scan tailor experimental menu.jpg
cday

Post by cday »

bartek158 wrote:I just install ScanTailor Experimental , but I don't see dewarp option.
3 Geometric distortions I would think...