Scan Tailor Advanced

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

xerum
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Scan Tailor Advanced

Post by xerum »

Hi 4lex4,

Thank you for the updates. It seems there is only source code zip file and no executable Windows 64.
I tried to compile myself from source code and following lengthy instructions but these things are never good with me and as expected i could not compile.

Please help.
4lex4

Post by 4lex4 »

I've just released the hot fix as the critical bug has been found in 1.0.8-1.0.10 versions. Now ver. 1.0.11 is available for download.
xerum

Post by xerum »

Thank You again 4lex4 for continued improvements and development of STA.
bokane
E-book readers owned: Kindle, iPad

Post by bokane »

Wonderful to see more updates to Scan Tailor -- thanks for your hard work!

Has anybody managed to get this to compile on OSX? I'm running into errors when I try to build it; these would probably be fixable if I spent an afternoon Googling, but I'd be extremely grateful if someone could just post an executable.
4lex4

Post by 4lex4 »

bokane, create an issue on github and post any compilation errors of clang there, I'll try to fix those. You'll then have to build STA from the develop branch, but not master.
4lex4

Post by 4lex4 »

The update has been released.
Don't forget to read the description of the new "Auto adjusting content area" feature, that will spare you manual correcting the content area and greatly save your time.
Scanallthebooks

Post by Scanallthebooks »

4lex4 wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 00:39 The update has been released.
Don't forget to read the description of the new "Auto adjusting content area" feature, that will spare you manual correcting the content area and greatly save your time.
It's been said before but again, simply amazing work 4lex4!
M@rtijn

Post by M@rtijn »

Just discovered Scan Tailor Advanced. Nice new features in comparison to the last build 0.9.11.1 of the regular Scan Tailor. Especially Auto adjusting content area which works great!

I was wondering if there is a way to convert old projects that were saved with the regular Scan Tailor so that they can be opened and edited in ST Advanced. When trying to open a project, I receive a message saying: Unable to interpret the project file. I am using the XP version.
4lex4

Post by 4lex4 »

An update with bug fixes has been released.
0kelvin

Post by 0kelvin »

Noticed that blank pages causes scantailor to crash when exporting pages, if there is no content box.