Scan Tailor "Experimental"

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Scan Tailor "Experimental"

Post by Tulon »

tomse,

Unfortunately, I don't see myself working on Scan Tailor again. It's been a while since I touched it the last time, and I never felt like going back to it since.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
tomse
E-book readers owned: None
Number of books owned: 100

Post by tomse »

nevertheless, your work is much appreciated, a big thank you is the least I can give you :-)
Find my available works here
Most of the works are done using Free Open Source Software, including various versions and releases of ScanTailor
antwoorden

Post by antwoorden »

Tulon, I've registered here just to say THANKS for your awesome work on Scan Tailor Experimental.
I'm using it both in GUI and CLI (which works only when you define all steps!), and it's awesome that I don't have to enter input DPI anymore.
I love the new feature to adjust 'curved lines'. It's near perfect! Great work.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

antwoorden, I am glad you found Scan Tailor Experimental useful.

It's surprising the CLI mode worked for you at all, as I remember it was seriously broken in the Experimental version.
As for "adjusting curved lines", that feature was present in earlier versions as well, on the Output stage under the "Dewarping" tab.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
antwoorden

Post by antwoorden »

Tulon, as foler mentioned before, CLI mode isn't broken at all. You just have to define: "--end-filter=6" so it won't stop at step 4. It should be easy for you as the developer, to set 6 as default again.
antwoorden

Post by antwoorden »

I really hope Tulon will work on this again... it's almost perfect!
On pages with just a few lines of text the curved lines dewarping messes things up...
And the accuracy of it could be just a little bit better.
Other than that: perfect!