Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

New Scanner Tech Watch Thread

DIY Book Scanner Skunk Works. Share your crazy ideas and novel approaches. Home of the "3D structure of a book" thread.
freewheeling
E-book readers owned: Kindle
Number of books owned: 500

Instructional Document Scanners

Post by freewheeling » 19 Nov 2018, 20:54

I've noticed a couple of posts on the IPEVO Ziggi-HD "document scanner" and there are a few Youtube videos about using it for book scanning that look promising. The Ziggi-HD is out of production, though, and they've gone with three new 8 MP devices. I ordered the cheapest one, the V4K. It's around $100 compared to $200 for the "dual mode" VZ-R (which seems more oriented toward real time presentation) and the Wireless/Bluetooth VZ-X for about $300. The main advantage of the VZ-R and VZ-X is that they have their own video hardware so don't need a computer for presentation, and they also have built-in LED lighting and HDMI connection. But I figured that for $100 I'd get something that might work and would be much faster than a flatbed scanner. The CZUR looks like it can be purchased for under $400 but the IPEVO company looks like a solid group which concentrates on the educational teacher market so it's worth a shot.