Electronics/Handle packages for sale.

A place to buy and sell. Want someone to build a scanner for you? Ask here.

Moderator: peterZ

daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Electronics/Handle packages for sale.

Post by daniel_reetz »

Ha ha ha. Fargo is having a freak blizzard. I decided to see if the post office was open anyway. It was. Everyone's stuff is mailed (except for Jstaylor, haven't heard from him yet). I have a beard made of frost.
Attachments
on_the_way_to_the_post_office.jpg
on_the_way_to_the_post_office.jpg (13.69 KiB) Viewed 9614 times
jstaylor

Post by jstaylor »

Dan,
I never got an email from you about the necessary transaction details. What do you need?
I'm at jstaylor@intrex.net
rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Post by rob »

Dan, that image should totally be your new avatar!
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.
jhitchcock

Post by jhitchcock »

Dan, if you have enough people together again, I would love to buy a switch from you. The electronic stuff is the scariest part of the build for me.
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

I'm working on one for user ThatTallGuy, I'll make one for you, too. Can't wait to see your build thread. :)
lodronyima1

Post by lodronyima1 »

I am also interested in one of those handles. How can I get one?
jhitchcock

Post by jhitchcock »

daniel_reetz wrote:I'm working on one for user ThatTallGuy, I'll make one for you, too. Can't wait to see your build thread. :)
For my first build I'm going to try to take advantage of some bequeathed hardware from my father. He has this old camera stand. I don't know exactly even what to call it. My mom calls it "the octopus". From what I can remember it is about the perfect size, and it's designed to hold cameras up at angles to take quality pictures of different-sized objects. Might as well try to put it to good use.
StevePoling
E-book readers owned: SONY PRS-505, Kindle DX
Number of books owned: 9999

Post by StevePoling »

jhitchcock wrote:For my first build I'm going to try to take advantage of some bequeathed hardware from my father. He has this old camera stand. I don't know exactly even what to call it. My mom calls it "the octopus". From what I can remember it is about the perfect size, and it's designed to hold cameras up at angles to take quality pictures of different-sized objects. Might as well try to put it to good use.
Mr. Hitchcock, your father wouldn't have been named Alfred, would he?
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

lodronyima1, I'll see what I can do about scrounging up the parts for a handle for you as well.

I just want to stress that I do this as a service to the community here, not to make money, and I have a lot of other things going on, so it may take a bit.

As to your question about the 3rd-gen scanner, it is very difficult to construct and you'll need a laser cutter and serious soldering skillz. Dbmoura and I are working right now on cleaning and releasing the artwork, and some others are helping with the electronics. Some time in the next few months, we'll have something resembling a set of plans.
StevePoling
E-book readers owned: SONY PRS-505, Kindle DX
Number of books owned: 9999

Post by StevePoling »

Dan, what do you think about a 4th generation scanner that folds lessons-learned on the 3rd generation scanner into something minimal? I can imagine a whole series of scanners where even-numbered generations are optimized for starving artists using cardboard & scraps and odd-numbered generations are optimized for performance using best available materials.