Qidenus Music page turner

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

SteveH

Qidenus Music page turner

Post by SteveH »

Here is a music page turner that you may find of interest. It is simple yet effective.
http://www.qidenus.com. Click on "Qi products" then "Qi Vinci k". You can watch
a video that shows the device in operation by clicking on "video."
Musinf

Re: Qidenus Music page turner

Post by Musinf »

Oh yes !!! The page turner is a fantastic machine. In the video we can see musicians orchestra who trigger the turn approaching there bow near a detector... The dream for all musicians.
In orchestra, there's a rull : it's the instrumentist on the left of the music stand who turns pages. It's not always easy ! So when an orchestra session begins, it's the war to know who take the right chair.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Thanks for the link -- and what a bizarre video!
IcantRead
Number of books owned: 0

Post by IcantRead »

You could get your own.http://www.specialneedscomputers.ca/ind ... tail&p=501 Although i'm not sure who would pay that for a magazine page turner.
Musinf

Post by Musinf »

I'm a nurse and during a period, I worked in a rehabilitation center for people who suffers from spinal injuries (car crash and others...). Quadriplegic people can't read because someone MUST stay near them in order to turn pages. This kind of situation is a little something that builds up again and again to handycap... So, this magazine page turner is a very good invention I think.
Je suis infirmier et durant une période, j'ai travaillé dans une centre de rééducation pour blessés médullaires (accidents de voiture ou autres...). Les personnes tétraplégiques ne peuvent pas lire parce qu'une personne DOIT rester auprès d'elle pour tourner les pages. Le type de situation qui est un petit quelque chose qui s'accumule encore et encore au handicap... Donc, ce "tourneur de page pour magazine" est une très bonne invention je pense.
rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Post by rob »

OMG, $2800! I can definitely understand that price if it were a medical device, given the broken medical system we have here in the US. But $2800 doesn't match with the video, which shows a mother in bed turning pages automatically while her small daughter looks on.

The Qidenus (I keep wanting to say Pixel Qi!) specifically says it's for "papers and magazines". However, that leaves out bound books -- it doesn't look like the mechanism is strong enough to hold a book open, let alone turn a heavier page...
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.
sdati

Post by sdati »

Musinf wrote:In orchestra, there's a rull : it's the instrumentist on the left of the music stand who turns pages. It's not always easy ! So when an orchestra session begins, it's the war to know who take the right chair.
I guess you are not a violist or cellist then... :)

I can see this device being sort of useful for musicians, but still issues - 1: you still have to remember to activate the mechanism! 2: Music publishers sometimes seem to be sadistic in their choice of page turn location right in the middle of a difficult passage.