Some Scan Tailor suggestions

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

eL_PuSHeR

Re: Some Scan Tailor suggestions

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

Even selecting another thing, it's still doing the circular animation. As I said not a big deal.
ovencakerugby

Post by ovencakerugby »

I have been using this for several monthsand it is 100 % OK for where there is one column of print to a page. However it is not so good when there are 2 or three columns to a page. It often crops off part of a page. For example I have just processed 500 images and tere are errors on 20 pages , which means that Scantailor has cropped theses pages. Any ideas?

Ovencake
knappen

Post by knappen »

If you're working on single page images you can choose full page for all in the split pages section.
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

Pages with a whole column cut off are easy to find by switching to "Order by width" mode and inspecting the narrowest ones.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
TJ-Shredder

Post by TJ-Shredder »

There is no need to wait. It will simply start calculating and start over as soon you touch a setting. I click on output, ignore any animation going on, set to whatever I need, open the apply to dialog and so on. There would be no gain in speed if the calculation would not start. There are other places where the calculation prevents from going on, but not in changing settings in the output stage. (If you would ask for unblocking in the Margins stage I'd want that too. To change a setting there, I need to wait unfortunately...)

Stefan
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

Thanks.