Upcoming 0.9.9.2 release

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Upcoming 0.9.9.2 release

Post by Tulon »

As dewarping is taking quite a while to finish, I am going to release the 0.9.9.2 release, which is going to be 0.9.9.1 + bugfixes + some minor performance improvements.

Here is a release candidate for you to test: http://depositfiles.com/files/k5621tndc
I plan to make the official release the next weekend.

P.S: Yes, it will fix the dreaded page sorting problem on Linux.
P.P.S: No, it dosn't have manual dewarping, as it's not yet 100% crash-free.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
n9yty

Re: Upcoming 0.9.9.2 release

Post by n9yty »

Would you consider adding the OSX build files I had prepared earlier? It would make things easier for those trying to roll their own osx build. If they need additional work, let me know.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

n9yty wrote:Would you consider adding the OSX build files I had prepared earlier? It would make things easier for those trying to roll their own osx build. If they need additional work, let me know.
OK. Please send me their latest versions.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
knappen

Post by knappen »

Thanks for this test candidate, Tulon.

It worked perfectly for the rather simple workflow that I just performed. Couldn't detect any changes except maybe that the whole thing went very smoothly; maybe the performance improvement will be more obvious on my mini pc than on the strong, stationary machine I use here at work. Anyway I guess that this one is primarily for Linux users.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

There should be several seconds per page improvement with Mixed output mode.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Good news! Thanks, Tulon. The speed improvements in mixed mode pages will be much appreciated.
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Thanks Tulon, and when automatic dewarping is out, you will call that version 1.0? I just find ScanTailor amazing, I regularly visit this forum just to keep posted about your work.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

Hamid wrote:Thanks Tulon, and when automatic dewarping is out, you will call that version 1.0?
I am leaning towards 0.9.10, as I believe after dewarping is done, we would need a couple more releases to stabilize it.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Ah, thanks for the Pre! Blogged: http://www.diybookscanner.org/news/?p=183
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

It's released. Download it from the official site as usual.
There are no changes compared to the release candidate I posted here earlier.