Dewraping with focus stacking

DIY Book Scanner Skunk Works. Share your crazy ideas and novel approaches. Home of the "3D structure of a book" thread.

Moderator: peterZ

Gerard
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Dewraping with focus stacking

Post by Gerard »

Hi,

if i have to trade bigger steps against intensity stability i would choose bigger steps, intensity can be normalized later

do you think 2 GB is enough?

when not we can transfer in more that one step
spamsickle

Post by spamsickle »

Each of the RAW (CRW) images my camera generates is 10,341,600 bytes. I'm also taking a JPEG along with each RAW image, so a single pass with the chip I have (2GB) will have less than 200 images. I can go buy a larger-capacity chip, but first I'd like to go with a larger step size and no duplication-for-intensity-averaging, and see what you can do with 2GB. If that turns out to be insufficient, the experiment should tell us more about what is necessary.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

i have now two canon a495 and will try raw capturing, this will cost me some time to understand chdk, raw and so on but i still on the idea
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Cool, let me know if I can help somehow... I do have a Nikon SLR which can get very shallow depth of focus.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

sony seams to use this for 3d images

http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_room/ ... 58846.html
rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Post by rob »

Are they joking? They're planning on selling the DSC-WX9 in March for $220. It will be 16.2 MP, and have 3D still image capture. Is this the category-killer for DIY Book Scanner cameras?
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

I'll buy one just to find out, but the multiple-position focus 3D is usually super-coarse. Like, you can roughly separate a person standing in front of a distant city background coarse. And AFAIK, the output is processed anaglyph or designed specifically for their TVs (I'll bet our new member Thrillscience can talk a little more about this kind of thing; he has the Fuji 3D cams).

In any case, the new compacts coming out now are making DIY Book Scanning all that much better... with each new generation of tech, we get much, much better tools.