Margin size when text sticks out

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Evgeny

Margin size when text sticks out

Post by Evgeny »

As you can see in the following image (it shows the ST "Margins" stage), the last two letters "RS" in the section headline stick out into the right margin.
If I keep the suggested hard margin sizes, this page is going to be one of the widest (that's why soft margins are basically absent here) and will increase soft margins in most other pages, which is undesirable. I can uncheck "Match size with other pages", but then the output file for this page will be wider than for other pages. I also cannot move the right content boundary to the left because then the end of the headline will be erased when the margins are filled with white during the output stage. What I want is to reduce the right hard margin so that the total width of this page is the same as that of other pages. This is not possible from withing the ST, is it?

Thanks.
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Margin size when text sticks out

Post by Tulon »

Evgeny wrote:What I want is to reduce the right hard margin so that the total width of this page is the same as that of other pages. This is not possible from withing the ST, is it?
Yes, it is possible. Just drag the outer right boundary, but first "unlink" the left and right boundaries by clicking the appropriate "chain" symbol in the left panel.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.