Book Scan Wizard beta is available

Discussion about Steve DeVore's Book Scan Wizard, a power-user package to automate scan processing.

Moderator: peterZ

gsloop

Re: Book Scan Wizard beta is available

Post by gsloop »

Thanks.

I'm probably going to start on the "command" syntax for BSW - I know you have a "help" file, but more explanation would probably be good.

I'm open for suggestions for where you think my efforts would be best spent though...so let me know if you'd rather I did something else.

-Greg
steve1066d
E-book readers owned: PRS-505
Number of books owned: 1250

Post by steve1066d »

If you are thinking about expanding the information in Help, Command Documentation then I'm not sure the wiki is the best spot, as it would be duplicating the information thats already in the help.

Here's the help file from svn:

https://bookscanwizard.svn.sourceforge. ... properties

You could either edit that file and check in a new version using svn, or else send me the updates, and I'll check it in.

As far what is the most helpful thing that could be documented.. I guess start with the things that were a challenge to you to figure out. LIke I've said.. It all makes sense to me, so I do rely on others to tell me where things don't make much sense.

Though in any case, I'm happy with whatever you want to do.
Steve Devore
BookScanWizard, a flexible book post-processor.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

I know you're not looking for work -- and your efforts are best spent in improving/increasing adoption of this excellent bit of software - but I think a one or two minute intro video showing how to process a couple pages would help a lot in terms of getting people started. Just demonstrating processing 2-4 pages, very quickly, with a few magic incantations in the left pane, would be very convincing.

I asked Spamsickle for some public domain pages to process and he generously delivered today. Maybe I'll get around to making a BSW video... we'll see.
70k1

Post by 70k1 »

A small Tutorial Video were great, for People who doesn´t speak Englisch really good!
steve1066d
E-book readers owned: PRS-505
Number of books owned: 1250

Post by steve1066d »

I agree.. I'll try to find some time to make a short video. Anyways, its probably easier to do a short video than it is to expand the example section of the wiki with all those screenshots.
Steve Devore
BookScanWizard, a flexible book post-processor.